Pages

Menu List for Shopping trip 9/24

Saturday, September 25, 2004

I tend to loosely plan my meals. My menus will tend to be just a list of entrees with sides and serving days to be determined later. I will only be listing meals I can make with the groceries I bought that trip. So technically meals I use during the coming days could not be on my list here. (like if I poach the whole salmon I already have in the freezer). All meals will be included in the cost analysis at the end of each payperiod though.

Grocery bill for this plan

34 MEALS (some may be used as lunches)
---------------------
Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Ham and Cheese Rollup
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Chicken Patty Sandwiches
Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken and Gravy (remaining drumsticks), Mashed Potatoes
Beer Battered Chicken Nuggets (thighs)
Chicken Fajitas (thighs)
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (thighs)
Chicken Stirfry (thighs)
Pizza Rollup
Sausage and Pepperocini Rollup
Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Spaghetti and Sausage, Garlic Bread
Polish Sausage Sandwiches
Hot Dogs
Hot Dogs
Cowboy Beans
Pork Loin Roast, Stuffing
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Meatball Subs
Spaghetti and Meatball, Garlic Bread
Sloppy Joes
Tacos
Stroganoff, Egg Noodles
Chili con carne (ground beef)
Spanish Rice (ground beef)
Goulash (ground beef), Garlic Bread
Noodles Alfredo
Potato Soup with Bacon (1/2 lb)
Scalloped Potatoes
Bean with Bacon Soup (other half lb)
Salami Sandwiches

SIDE DISHES
----------------
Bagged Salad
Spinach Salad
Pasta Salad
Macaroni Tuna Salad
Garlic Bread
French Fries
Potato Cheese Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Baked Potatoes
Stuffing
Onion Petals
Broccoli with Ranch
Baby Carrots with Ranch
Candied Carrots
Celery with Ranch
Refried beans (may turn into burritos)
Rice Pilaf
Fried Rice
Ramen Noodles (used as lunch also)


BREAKFAST (not everyone eats breakfast...bad I know)
-----------
Waffles
Eggs and Sausage
Eggs and Hashbrowns
Eggs McMuffin
Pancakes and Sausage
Cereal
Bagels
Bananas
Rice Cereal

LUNCHES
-----------
Meals above
Ramen Noodles
Tomato Soup
Leftovers
PBJ


SNACKS
-----------
Banana Split Sundaes
Freihoffer Cookies
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Cinnamon Graham Crackers (may also use for no baked peanut butter cookies)
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vanilla Wafers
Corn Chips
Cheese Puffs
Crunchy Cheese Curls
Micro Popcorn
Tortilla Chips
Pringles
Anderson Mini Pretzels
Lowrey's Beef Jerky
Granola Bars
Sunkist Cereal and Apple Bars
Squeeze n Go Vanilla Pudding Tubes
Mott's Healthy Harvest Strawberry Apple Sauce Cups
Hershey Kisses Caramel
Bradford Gummi bears
Bradford Sour gummi worms
Gum
Lemon bars #
Lemon Pie/pudding #
Chocolate chip cookies #


#...I'm hoping to experiment with baking in my 18qt roaster this week. I'd love to be making our bread again!!! The snacks with this note matter on how the experiments go.

I didn't include link to any recipes on this menu list. Being the first one I don't have any online yet. I'll be adding them as I make them. In the future the menu list should be clickable to recipes.

If my kids complain there is nothing to eat (meaning no good and fast snacks) before I have to shop again. Someone is going to be in TROUBLE!!!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

OK I have to know, do you bring coolers etc. along for your trips? I always mean to, but never remember so can never go to more then one store during one trip.

Impressive Kim!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I don't think I saw anywhere, how long this food will last your bunch? Any ideas????LOL. Great Job!!!

Kim said...

Hi Kathy!

I had my act together this trip and brought a few softsided coolers and thermal bags with me. I tend to forget them too (that's why I have a quite a few insulated thermal bags lol).

Techinically I could probably go all month on this, but I won't. I try to get my menus to last at least 2 wks (time between paydays). Eventually I'll get my freezer restocked so I can do a perishable only shopping trip here or there. (like when I'd rather use grocery money for christmas shopping)

Thanks for the compliments :o)